Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Talk This Way

Talk This Way

Are you tired of being totally tuned out or arguing over every little thing? Dr. Wendy Mogel offers fresh ways to share good news and bad.

10 Simple and Effective Ways to Say No

"No"
"Nevertheless..."
"Regardless..."
"That is not the issue."
"No, and that is final."
"I'm not ready for that."
"I've given it some more thought, and I am going to say no."
"I remember saying no about this."
"I'm not going to change my mind about this."
"Ixnay, Nyet, Nein" (or another language of your choosing)

10 Fun and Encouraging Ways to Say Yes

"Yes"
"Sure"
"Absolutely"
"How great!"
"Of course! We can/will/should"
"I'd be glad to help."
"That sounds like fun."
"I'd be happy to."
"Certainly"
"My pleasure"
Originally published in the July 2012 issue of Parents magazine.

No comments: